HVAC systems make up almost 40% of your total fuel consumption every year, and you can save as much as 10% on annual spending if you reduce temperatures by 7-10°F every spring and autumn. However, these numbers are completely useless if you don’t get a tune-up service. Most people avoid or forget to get a spring AC tune-up service, but here are some reasons why getting this service is a necessity.
Five reasons why tune-ups are important:
- Air quality: Maintaining indoor air quality is impossible if you have a dirty system. This can also cause additional health concerns like fevers, cold, and infections and can also trigger your allergies. Tune-up services can easily increase your home’s indoor air quality by clearing your system of any allergens and dirt.
- Lower costs: With summer just around the corner, your AC will work overtime to maintain the temperature inside your home. However, without a tune-up service, your AC cannot tackle the problems it faces and uses extra energy to push out the same amount of air. Tune-up services usually remove dirt and dust, making the entire working of the system smooth and unproblematic.
- Lower breakdown risks: It comes as no surprise to anyone that an AC not maintained properly can break down. Most technicians charge extra for air conditioning repair in Mesquite, TX, if they think the reason for your breakdown is poor maintenance. With a tune-up service, you can easily avoid the risk of a breakdown and keep your system working efficiently.
- Lower repair costs: However, if your unit does break down or have any problem, you’re less likely to incur high expenses. This is because the most likely reasons for the problems (like dirty filters or clogged coils) will be addressed during the tune-up service.
- Increased lifespan: Who doesn’t want their AC to last for 15 years? But without a tune-up service, you’ll be left calling the technician for constant repairs. This will eventually affect your AC unit’s lifespan, and you might have to replace it in 10-12 years.
Now that you know why to get a tune-up service, here is what a tune-up service will cover:
- Cleaning or replacement of dirty filters.
- Cleaning of condenser and evaporator coils to remove all dirt and dust.
- Checking and oiling motor plates and belts. The technician will also replace the belt or plate if broken; however, this may be payable separately.
- Checking electrical connections to find out whether there is any loose or open wire.
- Checking and replacing refrigerant to make sure it is at optimum levels.
- Recalibration of smart thermostat or normal thermostat.
- Inspection of terminals and wires for rust and corrosion. The technician may also recommend applying another layer of coating.
- Measure airflow of the system after the complete service to determine any additional problems.
Whom to call?
We recommend keeping an HVAC contractor on the retainer instead of searching for new contractors every time. If you’re a resident of Forney, Mesquite or surrounding areas, you can contact Lexany’s Heating and Air for their affordable HVAC installation in Mesquite, TX. You can book your slot on our website or call (469)728-7113.